Calling all planners in the Commonwealth!
- Commonwealth Association of Planners
- Conservation of the Built and Natural Environment
- Cultural heritage
- Climate emergency
- Inclusive cities
- Natural disasters
- Urban Planning
- Bay of Plenty Regional Policy Statement
- Waimakiriri Residential Red Recovery Plan
- Calgary Transit Oriented Development
- Calgary Biodiversity
- Lethbridge Indigenous Cultural Centre
- Institute of Town Planners, India
- Royal Town Planning Institute
- Nigerian Institute of Town Planners
The paths of Scottish town planner Patrick Geddes and Italian film director Frederico Fellini never crossed, but Fellini's film Il Bidone (The Swindle) has a strong Place-Work-Folk strand.
With politicians asking questions about the value of higher education, and some universities fearing financial ruin as a result of Covid-19, time to revisit one of my 2002 columns for Planning.
My column in Planning in 1987, has a contemporary feel in 2020 as issues of mass unemployment and Council cuts come to the fore once again.
How to have your say in the planning system.
A busy week ahead. I have a number of online events coming up, which may be of interest to followers of this website.
The film The Square is about more than the excesses of contemporary art. It explores the conditions on which people are able to live in cities.