Cliff has operated as a freelance consultant since 2004. He does research, authors reports and is a facilitator and trainer. While at Heriot-Watt University he was also involved in contract research.
He has worked on numerous projects:
- With Spatial Foresight GmbH (http://www.spatialforesight.eu/spatial-foresight.html ) to deliver research-based reports for the ESPON Co-ordination Unit on European territorial development and policy.
- With the Royal Town Planning Institute (www.rtpi.org.uk) to deliver the UK National Contact Point for the ESPON 2013 programme.
- As an external expert for the Royal Town Planning Institute on transnational projects within the ESPON 2013 programme.
- For the ESPON 2013 Co-ordination Unit as a peer reviewer on Sounding Boards for research projects.
- On European Union INTERREG projects.
- On other European projects.
- On Commonwealth, international and global projects.
- On UK projects.
The distinguished German planner, Professor Klaus Kunzmann, shares his thoughts on what the Covid19 crisis means for Europe, China, places and planning.
As European countries become more inward-looking, Professor Klaus Kunzmann sees a possible opportunity for planners to rebuild the reputation of their profession.
Guest blogger Klaus Kunzmann explores a mueum devoted to the history of urban planning in a Chinese city.
Guest blogger Klaus Kunzmann shares his thoughts from Potsdam on what a Trump presidency could mean for planning and planners.
Klaus Kunzmann, distinguished professor of spatial planning at the Technical University of Dortmund, give his reaction to Brexit and ponders what it means for planning and planners.
Klaus Kunzmann proposes a novel approach to staging the Olympic Games after Hamburg and Boston say "No".
This Guest Blog by Emeritus Professor Klaus Kunzmann proposes a radical approach to Greece's economic difficulties
This first appeared in Planning on 29 November 2002 and is reproduced by kind permission of Haymarket Publications.
This first Guest Blog is contributed by Emeritus Professor Klaus Kunzmann from the Technical University of Dortmund. He is an Honourary Member of the RTPI and internationally renowned for his contributions to planning education, research and practice. His blog probes the idea of "regional design".