Support to Palestinians at risk of displacement in Israeli Controlled Area C of the West Bank, 2014-15.
- Within this DFID-funded project, Cliff produced a scoping study of planning issues in Area C of the West Bank of the occupied Palestinian territory, led an International Advisory Board of experienced professional planners that looked at plans submitted for Palestinian villages, wrote the report for the Board, and organised a UK study visit for a group of senior officials from Ramallah that was led by the Deputy Minister for Local Government. The report is at http://unhabitat.org/spatial-planning-in-area-c-of-the-israeli-occupied-west-bank-of-the-palestinian-territory/.
Developing Urban Planning Education, 2011.
- Cliff organised and reported on a workshop at the World Planning schools Conference in Perth, Western Australia, to explore the scope for outreach, accreditation and lifelong learning to support the planning profession in rapidly urbanising Commonwealth countries.
Managing urbanisation in small developing states, 2011.
- Cliff was contracted to produce an article “Managing urbanisation in small states”, Small States Digest, 2011, Issue 3, 4-11 http://assets.thecommonwealth.org/assetbank-commonwealth
Hungarian EU Presidency
The Territorial State and Perspectives of the European Union: Update 2011 http://www.bbsr.bund.de/BBSR/EN/SpatialDevelopment/SpatialDevelopmentEurope
- Cliff did the language editing for this report, 2011.
Department for International Development
Making Planning Work, 2006.
- Cliff worked with the Development Planning Unit at University College London to produce Making Planning Work: A guide to approaches and skills http://www.bookdepository.com/Making-Planning-Work-Cliff-Hague for the 2006 World Urban Forum in Vancouver.